Here you are, you just found out that your business listing on Google Maps says “Temporarily Closed” and yet your business is actually OPEN? What do you do now?
There are a few reasons that your business could display this status on Google:
- You manually set it to temporarily closed sometime after Google added this feature at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Google changed the status of your business to this status due to government information about the area they pulled.
- A patron or competitor has marked your business as Temporarily closed.
The reason why your business has been marked as Temporarily Closed doesn’t matter. The solution is pretty easy! Let me walk you through the steps you need to take to mark your business as Open on Google Maps.
How to Change Your GMB Listing From “Temporarily Closed” to “Open”
- Sign in to your Google My Business account and navigate to your business listing. If you don’t have access to your business listing on Google Maps, start by verifying your listing with these directions.
- Click on the “Info” tab on the left side of the screen.
- You will see a “Mark As Open” Option on the right side of the screen. Select this option.
- Your listing will go under review. Often Google will have your business listing posted as “Open” within minutes. Sometimes it’ll take days.
What If That Doesn’t Work? What If I Don’t Have These Options?
Some people have reported that they are unable to get the Google My Business listing opened using these options. If that is the case for your listing, you will need to reach out to Google Support.
There are three ways to get a hold of Google to get this “Temporary Business” status changed.
Some patience can go a long way here since there may be a wait for them to review your request manually and get your “Open” status back.
Now that your Google Maps listing is in order, you are ready to grow the traffic to your website and storefront.
If you are interested in getting found in the search engines then let’s talk about it! Find out how Pathfinder SEO can help by scheduling a demo with us today.